It’s that time of year again! The countdown is on. Whether you’re counting the days because you can’t wait to send your kids back, or counting the days and cherishing every one, or counting the days you have left to deal with the dreaded school supply list, you’re counting.
Here is our countdown…
- The first day of school is Tuesday, September 2nd. Children will start the day in their classroom they finished in, in June. Here they will wait for their new teacher to come and pick them up and take them to their new class.
- If you are a new student starting at Roslyn this year, but not in Kindergarten, you will proceed to the gym where you will check in and be taken to your classroom.
- There will be 2 Kindergarten Parent Welcome sessions on Wednesday, September 3rd. The first will be at 10am and the second will be at 1pm. Come to the front lawn of the school and meet your fellow kindergarten parents. Not only will we have beverages and snacks but there will be Roslyn parents there to help you with questions you may have.
- The Roslyn Home and School Welcome Back event will take place on Friday September 12th. Stay tuned for more details.
- As you’re trying to fit together all the pieces of school, after school care and extra curricular activities, you’ll be happy to know that the Roslyn School Activities Program has made their schedule available and can be found on this site. Simply click on FORMS, found above and open the Activities 2014 Schedule. You will also find there the course descriptions and registration form. Please keep in mind that to register your child in the Activities Program, your family must become a member of the Roslyn Home and School Association. That form can also be found in the same area. Registration for the Activities Program will take place on September 18th, prior to meet the teacher night.
- Lastly, our first Roslyn Home and School Meeting, better known as HandS will be on Tuesday September 9th at 7pm in the teacher lounge at Roslyn. It’s a great way to meeting your fellow parents, share ideas, and help plan and prepare for the school year before us.
We hope you enjoy your last days of summer vacation, no matter how you are counting down. For those of you who are returning Roslyn families, you’ll notice that our website is new. As we make the transition, we may encounter a few glitches along the way (no I do not speak or write Latin!). We appreciate your patience.
Looking forward to seeing everyone very soon!