We’re 3 days in!
September is a busy month of filling in forms and getting back into our routines. It’s been a great start to the year. HandS spent the last 2 days greeting new Roslyn families, as well as Kindergarten Parents. Hopefully we calmed a few nervous jitters too.
What can you expect from Roslyn Home and School and the Roslyn Activities Program over the next 10 days or so?
- Friday September 12th is our annual WELCOME BACK FESTIVAL! An early evening affair not to be missed. Stay tuned for more information, including start time. If you are able to help and volunteer, please use the Contact button in the menu above. Simply send us an email and we’ll make sure it gets to this year’s coordinator, Skawennati Fragnito. If you see her on the playground, don’t be shy! Tell her you want to help. Events like these are only possible with the help of many many volunteers, like YOU!
- Look in your child’s backpack next week for the Roslyn Home and School Welcome Package. In it you’ll find a greeting from our new president Aaron Fraser, the Volunteer Sign Up form as well as the Pizza Lunch Sign Up form.
- This year Roslyn will have a school choir, for children in grades 3-6. There will be an information session on September 10th, at lunchtime, for children; parents are also welcome to attend. For more information be on the lookout for the notice your child will be bringing home. As well, contact Debbi Jardine with any questions you may have by using the Contact button at the top of this site. You’ll find her name on the drop down menu of specific recipient.
- Are you available to volunteer in Roslyn’s health room? We’re always looking for people to volunteer their time in this important room, no experience necessary. Please contact Debbi Jardine!
- Lastly, our first Home and School meeting will be next Tuesday, September 9th, at 7pm. You’ll find us in the staffroom, located on the first floor, just opposite the office. All parents are welcome to come and chat and learn about our role in the school. No experience necessary!
We look forward to seeing everyone at the Welcome Back Festival! See you there!